Facilties, Information and FAQs
We hope to offer you a pleasant stay, whether a short break or for a holiday in the Chiltern Hills. We are open all year around, with the following facilities available on site and in the local village:
- 4 pitches with electric hook-ups and water taps
- Up to 5 caravans and 10 tents
For communal use:
- 5 Toilets
- 5 Showers
- Urinal Block
- Wash up point
- Fresh Water point
- Sanitation point
Well behaved dogs are welcome; however they must be kept on a lead whilst on-site.
Off-site, in the village:
Local Pubs – providing food and a village atmosphere
- The Crown – 5 min walk
- The Three Horseshoes – 20 min walk
Other places to visit:
- Village park and playing fields – 5 min walk
- Dawes Hill Vineyard – 20 min walk – By appointment only
- Radnage St Marys – 25 min walk
We are one of the caravan and camping clubs exclusive certified sites. So in order to visit our site you must be a member of the caravan and camping club. (www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk) It costs from £37 a year, and you receive many money saving benefits. This also means that we adhere to the Caravan and camping clubs rules.
RULES FOR THE USE OF CERTIFICATED SITES BY MEMBERS
- Members must show their membership cards when requested to do so by the site owner.
- Members must pitch where directed to by the site owner.
- Members should vacate their pitch on the day of departure at the tme requested by the site owner.
- Vacated pitches must be left clear of all property and refuse.
- Units, excluding guy ropes, must be 6 meters apart from the adjacent units. This is a precaution against fire. Vehicles may be parked between units, provided that a 3 meter clear space is left within the 6 meter gap at all times.
- Members must obey all instructions given by the site owner.
- Members must dispose of rubbish, waster water and chemical waste as directed by the site owner.
- Dogs and other pets must be kept under control at all times. No animal is allowed to be loose on the site and must always be on a lead not longer than 2 meters if outside a unit. Members must remove any droppings left by their pets.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- Noise must be kept to a reasonable level at all times. There should be no noise or vehicle movement whatsoever between 11pm and 7am. Members may only use generators with the site owner’s permission.
- Vehicle speed must be kept to 5mph at all times.
- Camping units are not permitted to be left unattended overnight on a Certificated Site.
- The use of gas cylinders, with a capacity greater than 15kg, is not recommended on Certificated Sites for supplying touring caravans, motorhomes or tents.
- If a site owner feels that a member’s behaviour, or the behaviour of a member’s children or pets, is causing a nuisance, the owner is permitted to ask a member to cease the behaviour or leave the site
- Respect should be shown to the landowner’s property, trees, fences, farm buildings, equipment and stock.
We are set in an idyllic village surrounded by countryside; however we are only a short distance from many great attractions. The nearest shops are in Stokenchurch, only a 5 min drive. There is something for everyone and we hope that you find some interesting places to visit.
Places to eat:
Parks and Playgrounds:
- Radnage playing fields and park
- Marlow Park and river
- The Rye, London Road, High Wycombe
- Hell Fire Caves – 3.5 miles – (www.hellfirecaves.co.uk)
- Booker Air field – 7 miles – (www.wycombeairpark.co.uk)
- Rebellion Brewery – 10 miles – (www.rebellionbeer.co.uk)
- River and Rowing Museum- 12 miles – (www.rrm.co.uk)
- Bekonscot Model Village – 13.5 miles – (www.bekonscot.co.uk)
- Roald Dahl Museum – 14 miles – (www.roalddahl.com/museum)
- Odds Farm Park – 14 miles – (www.oddsfarm.co.uk)
- Dawes Hill Vineyard – 20 min walk – (www.dawshillvineyard.co.uk)
- Skirmish Paintballing – 7 miles – (www.skirmishwycombe.com)
- High Wycombe Bowling – 7 miles – (www.hollywoodbowl.co.uk)
- Cineworld (High Wycombe) – 7 miles – (www.cineworld.co.uk)
- Empire Cinema (High Wycombe) – 8 miles – (www.empirecinemas.co.uk)
- Longridge Outdoor Activity Centre – 10 miles – (www.longridge.org.uk)
- Go Ape – Tree Tops & Segways (Wendover woods) – 14 miles – (www.goape.co.uk)
- West Wycombe Village – 3.5 miles – (www.westwycombevillage.com)
- High Wycombe Eden Centre – 7 miles – (www.edenshopping.co.uk)
- Thame Tuesday market – 9.5 miles – (www.thametowncouncil.gov.uk)
- Oxford City Centre – 24 miles – (www.visitoxfordandoxfordshire.com)
- Bicester Village Outlet centre – 27 miles – (www.bicestervillage.com)
- London – 40 miles (to central) – (www.visitlondon.com)
- Dashwood Estate – 3 miles – (www.nationaltrust.org.uk/west-wycombe-park-village-and-hill)
- Hughenden Manor – 3 miles – (www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hughenden)
Other recommended Local Visits:
- Radnage St Marys – 25 min walk – The local church, which is always open, a beautiful late 12th century traditional church.
- Turville – 5 miles- Visit the windmill where chitty chitty bang bang was filmed.
- West Wycombe Golden Ball- 3 miles- (www.westwycombevillage.com/goldenball) walk up the hill in west Wycombe and visit the church which has a golden ball on top of it, it gives you a fantastic view across the local area and on to High Wycombe.
- Hambleden – 8 miles – visit the lock where you can go on a river trip or just enjoy an ice cream by the river.
- Henley-on- Thames – 12 miles – Take a walk along the river and up the traditional high street where a local market runs.
- Marlow – 9 miles – Walk along the high street and down to the park and river, where you can continue to walk along the Thames.
Other useful links:
Frequently Asked Questions
We hope the following Frequently Asked Questions cover any problems or questions you may have, if you need another answer please contact us.
Do we need to book?
Yes, booking is required as it is a family run campsite, therefore we cannot guarantee someone is always on site.
What time can we arrive?
You may arrive anytime after 12 noon, however if you wish to arrive earlier please let us know.
What time must we be off of site?
You must be off of site by 11am on the last day of your stay.
Is there a minimum stay?
No, only on Bank Holidays where their is a minimum stay of 2 nights.
Do you accept group bookings?
Yes, but please get in contact before booking.
Can we have a BBQ or campfire?
Yes, you can have BBQs and small campfires as long as they are raised off the ground, so as not to scorch the grass below.
Do we have to camp in a specific place?
No, there are currently 4 set pitches for caravans or tents which wish to use an electric hook up and water point, but otherwise you are free to camp wherever you wish within the field.
Are dogs allowed?
Yes, well behaved dogs are welcome, although they must be kept on a lead whilst on site and any mess must be cleared up.